With households enjoying an enforced “staycation” this summer, millions of people will be turning to their gardens to escape cabin fever and boost their health and wellbeing. And what better way to soak in some Vitamin D in the sunshine and enjoy the outdoors, then buying yourself that brand new garden furniture set to relax in and extend your home this summer by turning your garden into an additional room?
Leading garden furniture brand, LifestyleGarden® is offering not only the excitement of owning something new, but the warm and fuzzy feeling of helping the environment through its ground-breaking new DuraOcean® set, the first mass market commercially available chair made from nets, ropes and ocean plastic waste recovered from the world’s seas.
Whether you’re sitting outside reading a book or socialising in the evening with your household while the BBQ is cooking and the kids are playing, DuraOcean® is the furniture set for you and is available in a 4-seater set accompanied with a sustainably sourced Nassau table, to suit all your outdoor needs.
For those that have a smaller patio area or like to watch the sun set from their balcony with good food a glass of wine, DuraOcean® is also available as a bistro set, ideal for urban living and perfect for even the smallest of outdoor spaces.
The DuraOcean® is sustainable in every aspect of its design and manufacture:
- Made from 3.5kg of marine debris, the DuraOcean® is the first chair of its kind to be made from recycled ocean plastic.
- Wooden legs that have been carefully crafted with Forest Stewardship Certified (FSC) eucalyptus, the DuraOcean® offers both garden comfort and style.
- Can be fully recycled at the end of its life.
Ocean plastic has been a hot topic since it was brought to global attention through Sir David Attenborough’s Blue Planet II series. Shocking statistics revealed:
- Each year we produce 300 million tonnes of plastic waste – which is the same weight as the entire world’s population.
- Annually, ocean plastic waste is killing in excess of 100,000 marine creatures.
- Predictions show that unless something is done to reduce this, we will have created four times as much plastic waste by 2050.
DuraOcean® can be complemented with soft furnishings from LifestyleGarden®’s exclusive partnership with The Eden Project, which will see its outdoor ranges supported by Eden Project branding, as well as exclusive designs and patterns on accessories such cushions and deckchairs for ultimate luxury.
Prices for DuraOcean® start from just £179 for a set of two chairs, £299 for a bistro set and £499 for a four-seater set. DuraOcean® can be purchased online at www.edenproject.com, www.robertdyas.co.uk through the stockist list at www.lifestylegarden.com or by scanning the QR code.
Find out more