CarbonStore, a company providing an open and transparent platform for companies and landowners to buy and sell Woodland Carbon Units is delighted to be announcing a free public webinar dedicated to farmers, landowners and companies. The online event will introduce CarbonStore and outline the Woodland Carbon Code.
The webinar for all types of landowners, estate managers, local authorities, universities, and individuals interested in carbon-offsetting will answer questions such as:
- How can CarbonStore help you?
- Can creating woodlands really help neutralise our carbon emissions?
- What are the main features of the Woodland Carbon Code?
- What are PIU’s and WCU’s?
- What carbon opportunities are available in the woodland carbon market?
The Webinar, entitled ‘CarbonStore & The Woodland Carbon Code’, will feature a presentation from David McCulloch, Head of CarbonStore who has a BSc (Hons) in Accounting, Finance and Economics and 18 years’ experience in the financial sector based in London and Tokyo, initially as an equity salesman and latterly as a corporate analyst.
The live webinar will begin with CarbonStore’s Carbon Project Manager Andy Baker MICFor, who has a BSc (Hons) in Ecology and Environmental Science and gained his wide-ranging forestry experience within Tilhill with carbon sequestration having been the driver of his forestry career. Andy also represents the Institute of Chartered Foresters (ICF) on the Woodland Carbon Code Advisory Board.
David McCulloch said: “We are delighted to be holding our first public webinar and introducing CarbonStore. We work in partnership with Tilhill, the leaders in creating and managing UK woodlands, and Maelor Forest Nurseries, the UK’s most progressive commercial tree producer. Together, we cultivate the finest woodlands and forests. We sow the seeds, plant the trees and tend their growth to realise their greatest potential. Since 1948, we have planted 1 billion trees – and we’re still counting!”
The live webinar will include a live Q&A session following the presentation.
About BSW Timber
- BSW Timber is the largest sawmilling business in Great Britain, with the company’s foundations going back to 1848.
- BSW sawmills are located throughout the UK, at Fort William, Boat of Garten, Petersmuir, Dalbeattie, Carlisle and Newbridge-on-Wye in Wales and they have one sawmill in Riga, Latvia.
- The company is also developing a sawmill in Slovenia.
- Group Headquarters remain in the town of Earlston in Berwickshire, where the business originated.
- BSW owns Tilhill, the UK’s leading forest management and timber harvesting company.
- Tilhill is the UK’s leading forest management, timber harvesting, and landscaping company.
- The Company was established in 1948.
- Tilhill is a national company with offices across the UK.
- Company headquarters are based in Stirling, Scotland.
- Tilhill is certified to ISO 45001 standards.
- CarbonStore is a business division of Tilhill.
About Maelor Nurseries Ltd
- Maelor Forest Nurseries Ltd is a bare root forest nursery providing around 28 million bare root forest trees to the market each year, both in the UK and abroad.
- The Company is registered against the provisions of BS EN ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System.
- The Company is dedicated to the growing of forestry and hedging plants from seed which is fully traceable to provenance.
- Maelor’s technical work aims to improve growing conditions on the nursery to produce a better quality plant and to ensure that this quality is maintained all down the line from despatch to planting out and beyond