Christmas is a special time of the year for many people, but family stress and busy shops can make the festive season somewhat challenging. Haskins Garden Centres wants to remind customers to have a mindful Christmas, take a step back to reflect on the year, draw deep breaths and enjoy Christmas for all that it is.
Lisa Looker, brand director at Haskins, commented: “By now, the majority of you will have your Christmas tree proudly displayed in the home. We hope that you enjoyed choosing your tree, taking a moment to appreciate this special family experience.
“Real Christmas trees and their irreplaceable scent can have a profound and beneficial effect on health and wellbeing.”
- Natural decorations such as mistletoe and poinsettias help connect us with nature.
- Bringing evergreens and firs indoors has a soothing and rejuvenating effect and exposes us to ‘natural environments’.
- The aromas of pine and ivy clear the airways, helping us breath more freely at a time when we’re prone to winter colds.
- Holly eases hypertension and aids high blood pressure.
- Real fir trees boast numerous medicinal properties, including anti-inflammatory and anti-septic effects.
Haskins has centres in Ferndown in Dorset, West End in Southampton and Roundstone and Snowhill in West Sussex. For more information visit www.haskins.co.uk